Consensus Digital is an independent digital media publisher, committed to spotlighting and covering the communities, leaders and businesses who are working to achieve a sustainable future through innovative and pragmatic solutions. Consensus properties focus on uplifting stories across a wide range of topics, like agriculture, health, business and the economy.
Consensus Digital Media is hiring a Digital Video Producer / Editor to support a thriving start-up digital-first content team. The ideal candidate will have an appreciation of start-up culture and an ability to plan for growth, with experience in the full spectrum of video media production from development to post-production, including project organization, lighting, sound, camera operation, editing, color grading, audio mixing, effects, graphics, basic animation, encoding and delivery. In our start-up days, this will be a daily hands-on role with hours varying weekly as we build our properties. Over time, a regular content production and post-production schedule will be established, requiring quick turnarounds within a set framework and workflow.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Respond to a vibrant content team’s regularly changing video editing needs ranging from production to post.
- Bring and build on innovative video content approaches and thinking, with a strong grasp of narrative as it works in visual media.
- Possess a sound understanding of the evolving digital media landscape, and the skills to help develop and execute on ideas that can expand and inspire our audiences in this context.
- Deep, applied understanding of the centrality of visual content, digital video, and social media to media properties and content distribution.
- Experience working collaboratively with in-house product/platform teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Frame.io, Slack, and Asana.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume/CV to email@example.com. Include the position title you are applying for in the email subject line. Thank you!
Equal Opportunity Employer
We recruit qualified candidates without regard to age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, race or color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The starting salary for this role will be commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package including health benefits and paid time off.